Junior Web Designer
Duration: Full Time
Location: 630 The East Mall, Etobicoke, ON
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M (flexible)
Experience: Either education or work experience as a web designer is required. This is an entry level position.
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000. Salary is negotiable based on experience and ability.
We are looking for someone passionate about web design who is eager to learn the latest design trends and web standards. Having the drive to grow as a designer is more important than your proficiency.
As a Junior Web Designer you will work on several large websites for a select number of clients including an e-commerce site for mobile phones, a web based GPS tracking application and a number of smaller websites and web applications. Daily tasks will vary from custom icon creation and graphics to full website, application and UI design. The majority of your time will be spent writing flexible HTML and CSS for use in multiple websites.
When applying, please provide a link to your portfolio. We want to see a mix of graphics and HTML/CSS.
- Creating websites, web elements, advertisements, logos, icons and other design assets
- Iterating on mockups, UI templates, wire frames and other conceptual work for client approval
- Taking approved designs from concept to functional HTML and CSS
- Working closely with multiple development teams to fulfill their ongoing design needs
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Post secondary diploma, degree or work experience in design, UI/UX or multimedia creation
- Demonstrate design skills through a portfolio
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to write HTML and CSS by hand
- Able to identify and troubleshoot browser and layout issues across multiple devices
Preferred but not required
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers like LESS or SASS
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile first layouts
- Understanding of HTML5
- Basic understanding of advanced CSS3 concepts like Flexbox, CSS Grid, Level 3 Selectors and Animations/Transitions
- Experiencing using GIT in a development environment
- A sense of humour
How to Apply
Please include your resume and cover letter to the attention of Greg Jensen at email@example.com. Please provide a link to your portfolio. We want to see a mix of graphics and HTML/CSS.